Business Technology Analyst
Auto req ID 40BTA
Title Business Technology Analyst
Location USA – MA – Wellesley
Status Full-time, Exempt
Department Information Technology
BraunWeiss is a Wellesley, MA based Technology Solutions Management Consulting organization focusing on Financial Services and Systems. Our professionals balance analytical skills, market insight and expertise to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel in an Agile environment. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at BraunWeiss.
- Provides day-to-day support in the development, implementation and maintenance of various in-house and external technical and functional projects.
- Performs duties, including planning, collecting, organizing, and presenting engineering data and information to clients.
- Assists subject matter experts and other managers with identifying and collecting the information and data necessary for characterizing and comprehending the client’s program and work with other teams to implement solutions to store and report that data.
- Develops master project plans (consolidated views) of several linked related plans and drives, optimize and manage all plans while presenting alternate scenarios to continuously reduce overall critical path using MS Project or Jira.
- Coordinates all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases of a project.
- Rigorously coordinates scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities.
- Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts.
- Regularly updates project-related tools with relevant and accurate data, ensuring the most up-to-date project reporting information.
- Assists with running Agile Scrum Teams.
- Conducts daily standups with the assigned Project Team.
- Supports business needs and goals with all assigned projects, reviewing user requirements and managing all stakeholder expectations.
- Provides regular documentation and reports to management.
- Plans and coordinates projects with users, development teams, and IT support areas.
- Leads routine and ad-hoc status reviews with all Stakeholders validating project status claims and clarifying roles and responsibilities, developing accurate, detailed consolidated reports to continuously manage expectations.
- Develops multi-project communications plans/ reporting methods and collaborates with client as a key business partner to identify business trends and potential impacts.
- Develops resource plans that align unique project needs with team members’ skillsets/ career interests and applies various techniques to build/ maintain a unified team view/ focus on project objectives.
- Manages multiple high risk/ high visibility mission critical/ strategic cross-functional global projects as a recognized expert in PM methodologies.
- Develops mitigation and contingency plans for common risks, leads risk identification seminars to develop project specific mitigations and contingencies, updates risk plans as conditions warrant and consider risk during the change management process.
- Refines scope statement, understands the impact of scope statement changes and clearly articulates requirements (both “in scope” and “out of scope”) to manage expectations, develops a basis for future project decisions and accurately develops a WBS to the proper level of detail.
- Manages processes for business and functional requirements, design, testing, implementation, desktop procedures, training, and communications
- Provides regular program and project status, including metrics and dashboards
- Provides meeting agendas and meeting notes for all internal and external team meetings
- Monitors progress against plan throughout the project/delivery cycle including time, budget, and quality measures
- Conducts a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus
- Establishes project deliverables; record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Prepares project related documentation using MS Project, MS PowerPoint and Excel such as Project Plan in MS Project, Status Update dashboard in PowerPoint, Project tracking report in Excel, executive summary in Visio
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities through projects or other work planning experiences,
- Ability to manage complex projects from inception to successful implementation,
- Knowledge of PMBOK Guidelines,
- Knowledge of Project Planning Software (Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, JIRA),
- Demonstrated leadership experience (teams of 5 or more),
- Strong ability to plan, lead and follow up on Project Meetings (including preparing and distributing meeting minutes),
- Strong to excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Good to strong facilitation skills,
- Strong judgment and management skills,
- Strong analytical ability,
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments,
- Good understanding of technology platforms and ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements,
- Ability to define performance and scalability attributes, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements,
- CAPM or PMP certification a plus
Please submit your Resume online or email us at email@example.com
BraunWeiss an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.