Market Research Analyst
Auto req ID 40MRAI
Title Market Research Analyst
Location USA – MA – Wellesley
Time Status Full-Time
BraunWeiss is a Wellesley, MA based Technology Solutions Management Consulting organization focusing on Financial Services and Systems. Our professionals balance analytical skills, market insight and expertise to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel in an Agile environment. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at BraunWeiss.
Purpose of the role
Analysts work in project teams with colleagues to complete custom, market research projects. The Market Research Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis, and communication of a wide spectrum of industry, competitive and other market research information for use by Marketing and Sales.
- Collect, interpret and communicate market information in our category especially for branding, advertising, product development for the professional and consumer segments
- Perform data analysis on marketing and sales databases to drive marketing programs and mine for insights
- Analyze and interpret primary and secondary marketing research relating to our brands, segments, and competitors within those segments Make recommendations based on the analysis
- Synthesize data, market information and competitive intelligence to provide actionable insights and business trend information
- Conduct market research as needed, including but not limited to Segmentation Studies, Attitude & Usage Studies, Brand Positioning Studies, Packaging & Label Research, Advertising Research, Product Usage Tests, Product Claims Research, Color & Merchandising Research
- Develop questionnaires and field surveys as needed
- Create library and database of market research and related information
- Manage vendors that conduct market research and data analysis
- Work collaboratively with brand and product teams to understand and meet information needs
- Ensure the integrity and correct interpretation of all marketing information
- Communicate findings via reports and presentations to marketing management
- Stay current with market research and data analytic tools and methodologies
- BraunWeiss follow the Agile methodology. As part of Agile, we have daily standup meetings to go over our tasks and daily plans. Interns are expected to attend daily meetings and give status updates.
Required Background & Desired Skills
- Degree in a Market Research, Business Analytics, Data Sciences or similar
- 1 – 3 years of hands-on experience at conducting market research surveys and performing data analyses, preferably in a marketing and sales context
- Proficiency in data analysis packages (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, Excel)
- Experience using Project Management tools such as MS Project and JIRA are preferred
- Experience linking multiple data platforms (social media, sales, etc) and with data visualization tools
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to communicate technical content in an easy to understand way
- Self-starter who enjoys networking and working collaboratively across functional areas
- Strong people skills with a can-do positive attitude
Please submit your Resume online or email us at email@example.com
BraunWeiss an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.